Saturday, May 17, 2008

Not turning out as I planned

I came out of work yesterday and my car wouldn't start. I had a bit of a meltdown at work with tears, I am pretty embrassed about it. Anyways I called BCAA they showed up about an hour and half later. They were able to getop the car going, its the starter. Anyways I took it to Canadian Tire and they were going to charge me $600 to change the starter. I was like holy crap, then I talked to my sister in law and she told me to bring to her shop. They can change it on Tuesday and said I could use her car until then. But then when I was there she was trying to sell me a new car. But I don't want a new car, I worked so hard to pay for my card and its finally paid off. So I think we are just going to wait a bit and see what happens.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

New Car? Nah.... As you said you had worked so hard to pay this other one off and you feel good about it. It is just the starter, which happens a lot on even new vehicles. On my car I have gone through quite a few alternators... one just at 60 000 kms! Good for you for sticking with you gut instincts. :)

Don't feel too bad about breaking down. When things pile up or happen out of the blue like that, it happens...

Well, I hope your car gets fixed soon for you!

Take care!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the new comment on the new template! :) It was funny though because I was really starting to enjoy what I had, with all the adjusting and adding I did, but the lady that did them just emailed me and said that she used my idea and was giving me first dibs. I saw it and fell in love with it. :) She installed for me also. Now I just have to learn how to set up the menu bar, that I wanted, to unclutter my homepage and split things up a bit. Little lost on that one. :oP

If you do not like the templates that she has available, you just go through and answer some questions on an idea of something you would like to see as a template (this info is all on her site) as she is not doing custom designs anymore (she takes suggestions), BUT mine is pretty darn close to what I had suggested and even better! When she does your design, she gives you first dibs to get it and if you do not want it, she offers it to everyone else on her site as a premade template.

It was really quite easy and the layout on blogger is all the same to do everything the same as before. Out of all the template ordering sites that I looked at, hers is the one that grabbed me the most.

It does cost - but really was not that much and worth it to me.

Check it out, she has a wonderful reference from me. :) (and I do not know this person personally from a hole in the wall) lol