Tuesday, May 13, 2008

APs?

I found a 50 mintue stregth training excerise on weight watchers.com, I did it last night but it only took me 25 mintues. Maybe I just workout faster than some people I don't know. The plan for today was to go jogging after work but its rianing here, if it doesn't stop I am going to do 20 mintue kickboxing instead. Then hopeful tomorrow the weather will be better and I can go jogging. I am still a bit concerned that my Aps aren't very high each week, but I am working out 4 times a week. Maybe I should up it to 5 times a week and it will be better. I just can't even imagine getting 28 Aps a week that is quite a lot. I can usually fit in a 20-30 mintue workout, but anything more that that doesn't really work. I find if the workouts are around 30 mintues I can get myself motivated to go. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Canela said...

Hi Tanya!

I thought I'd check out your blog after I replied to your thread on WW. You are a very motivated individual! Where do you run in Poco?

I have started running inmy routine too. Today I ran 3mins/walked 2mins for 1/2 hr on the treadmill at the gym...I was ecstatic!!! I didn't think I would ever run! :D

Anyhow, cheer up...you'll be outside running soon. The weather forecast is hitting the 30s for the weekend (WOOHOO)! I tihnk I may start doing my routine on the trails instead of at the gym too.

Chat with you soon,

Cinnamon (aka Canela)

Unknown said...

Don't worry about hitting the 28 APs mark just yet and just do what you are doing. Things will fall in to place in no time and then you will be finding yourself earning way more! lol If you rush it too soon, you may get injured and overtired and sore. You are doing a great job now. If you are worried about just getting in a bit more, just replace a workout with a brisk walk instead.

As for the routine, I have no idea as I have never seen it yet. I never seem to get the time in that written workouts say they are going to be in. lol I think I just giver and end up keeping my heart rate up. :) Just an idea though would be to maybe slow things down a bit and make sure you are doing the full movement for the exercises and not doing them too fast - I know you will feel the 'burn' more. lol

Great job though!!! :)